I’m not making a New Year’s Resolution a) because I have very little resolve and b) it always seems rather puritanical.
I do want to do more in 2008. I have been in Sydney for 10 months now, and those months have passed in a frangipani-scented flash. There is still such a lot I’d like to do and see, namely:
1. kayak in the Harbour
2. dive with Whale Sharks and Manta Rays in Western Australia
3. dive with dolphins and seals here in New South Wales
4. explore the Jenolan Caves (a couple of hours drive from Sydney inland)
5. horseback ride in the Blue Mountains
6. grow herbs and some veg on my balcony
7. dive the Great Barrier Reef before it completely disappears…
8. ditto Australia’s Daintree Rainforest
9. meet some of the indigenous Aboriginal Australian population and learn about the traditions of their art
10. improve my portraiture skills
11. share the books which have made me think, laugh and cry
12. run the City to Surf in a significantly faster time
13. find a partner to share in at least some of this fun
What do you want 2008 to hold?