1. When I am nervous, I speak too quickly, running my words together into incomprehensible gibberish, which is decipherable only by children under 5 and rabbits with ear trumpets.
2. I have a lop-sided face. Asymmetry bothers me – I wish my eyebrows were symmetrical. Also, they are blonde and too sparse at the ends to frame my eyes properly so I dyed them recently, which looked worse. Useless, stupid eyebrows.
3. I have a habit of fiddling absent-mindedly with areas of soft, loose material in my clothes when my hands are not actively engaged doing something else. I am convinced this is proof of the old adage that ‘The Devil Finds Work For Idle Hands’… although quite how His Dastardliness benefits from a bit of pashmina twiddling, I don’t know.
4. I can keep a secret, but only just. I have a work one at the moment which I am LONGING to blurt out but I have to keep it until Monday. Nnmmmmmpppthhhpptt.
5. I really like men with tattooed arms, c.f, The Foo Fighters’ Dave Grohl.
6. My skin over-reacts to everything. Cow’s milk? Spots. Perfume? Red blotches. Wool? Big ol’ itchy rash. So don’t go buying me any perfumed woollen milk cartons, k?
7. I am truly crap with money. Truly. Crap. I secretly hope that all the world’s financial institutions will go under and we’ll all have to revert to bartering with shells – I feel sure I’d do a lot better with shells, largely because I already have a considerable collection, ordered along my bathroom windowsill by genus and colour.
8. I never know whether Obama is Republican or Democrat. They both sound as though they should stand for the same thing; viz. a Democratic Republic, unlike Conservatives and Labour, which are clearly different. Ahem. (Please don’t explain the differences – if I really cared, I could Google it).
9. I dislike Opera intensely. Every time I watch one I spend the whole night worrying that the lead male is going to have an apoplexy. Seriously, they shouldn’t let big, fat, sweaty, red-faced men perform on the public stage, its too absurd.
10. I was recently reminded of the emotional turmoil inherent in romantic relationships and I know I would not survive the end of another one. I’m still broken from the last one. Heart of Glass and all that.
Luckily, David is in Portland and I am in Sydney. For once, the Fates are taking care of us. 😉