1. My younger sister has to have an operation on her spine to remove pieces of cartilage which have split and are now poking out from between her vertebrae and aggravating her sciatic nerve, hence her recent leg and back agonies. She is scared, in pain and trying to be brave. I’m not there, but wish I were. Again.
2. Remember a little while ago I said that three of the women I work with were trying to get pregnant? Well, as of this morning, all three are with child. 🙂 One without medical assistance but after 2 years of trying, one after a particularly painful and unpleasant cycle of IVF and one after her fourth cycle of IVF – this time with donor eggs as well as donor sperm. She has the official blood test tomorrow so please send her all your positive vibes for the embryo to stay good and stuck in there until term. She has had several unexplained miscarriages in the past and she really, really, REALLY wants this child.
3. Another friend is due to give birth to her first baby any day now…
4. One of my friends in the office is not sleeping. Proper insomnia, weeks of it. She’s at the end of her tether with exhaustion because she has been working extremely long evening and weekend hours at a second job since before Christmas – any suggestions?
5. I’m not sure whether to be bothered by the fact that every month I seem to get at least one Facebook ‘friend request’ from someone who purports to remember me (presumably from school or university or a previous job) but of whom I have no recollection whatsoever. I ignore them: feel a brief prod of guilt and return their names to the dark, cobwebby corner of my brain which is storing them.
6. It has been raining heavily all day. My feet are still wet from my walk to work this morning. Come on Australia, sort it out! Had I wanted cold, wet jeans clammily sticking to my legs all morning I could have stayed in Anglesey with my parents.
7. This is precisely the kind of thing which reduces me to a rabid rant in under a minute. Illustration is not a hobby, it is a livelihood: pay professional illustrators for their work, Google, dammit. I bloody well bet all the marketing and PR people who dreamt up this charade of a skins campaign are being paid for their time and ‘expertise’. Grrrrr
8. And don’t start me on Ken Done…
9. Team training for the City to Surf road race is going well. So far, no injuries, and on Monday night we made it all the way to the Opera House and back (including all the steps) without keeling over, clutching our chests and gasping for breath through blue lips.
10. I have a jar of nutella on my desk. Yesterday it was full. Today, not so much.