Suddenly, there are so many cool things to look forward to, I’m fairly jigging about with pleasurable anticipation.
1. I’m off back to England in 8 days time to meet my newest niece, Colette, and to catch up with my other niece, Beatrice, and all the rest of my family, as well as one or two dear friends. My delight at the prospect is somewhat tempered by the fact that I won’t be able to see everyone I’d like to see – I simply won’t have time – nonetheless, I’m hugely looking forward to it. I’ve already decided which films I’m going to watch on the flight, and I’m taking the work iPad with me on which is the whole of The Wire seasons 1-5.
2. The Festival of Dangerous Ideas is back. Last year’s festival was brilliant – Germaine Greer on ‘Freedom Is The Most Dangerous Idea Of All’ was a real highlight – and this year I’ve booked tickets for four sessions. Bring. It. On.
3. Sydney’s IMAX cinema will soon be showing ‘Hubble 3D’. Can you even imagine what the pictures from the Hubble space telescope will look like in 3D? Just the ‘ordinary’ stills pretty much blow my mind.
4. A friend of mine – one of ‘my’ illustrators over here, in fact – has come up with a bloody brilliant idea for a new book on dinosaurs. I am determined that we should publish it, even though its slightly outside our normal list, and I’m having all kinds of fun helping him work up a synopsis and storyboard to present to our new Publisher and MD next month.
5. I won a free massage (I decided that the main reason I never win anything is because I never enter anything, logical, no? So I have taken to dropping my business card in every jar on offer locally). I’m off to be pleasantly pummeled for an hour by my physio. 🙂